ATO Ventures is a pre-seed and seed-stage Venture Capital fund based in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We use market validation testing to help entrepreneurs increase the odds of success by identifying paying customers before launch.
We look for startups that are:
- Pre-launch / Pre-revenue / Pre-funding
- In industries associated with Health, Fitness & Wellness or Digital Media & Entertainment
- Founded by tenacious entrepreneurs who have succeeded Against The Odds.
To be considered for investment, submit your startup here.
Get answers to some Frequently Asked Questions here.
Jennifer P. Hopp
Successful Entrepreneur, Investor & Tech Influencer
Jennifer is the Founder and Managing Partner of ATO Ventures. Prior to starting the fund, she had been investing as a Limited Partner (LP), Venture Partner, Angel, and Venture Capitalist (VC) for over 20 years. Not one to shy away from calculated risk, she began investing in the capital markets at age 19, while an undergrad at The University of Oxford, to help pay for school. Graduating early, Jennifer was able to use her last year of tuition money, along with her stock market gains, to become an LP in a Venture Capital fund at age 23.
Several years later, she became a Venture Partner, and then an active startup advisor and Angel Investor. She has had nine exists so far.
A born entrepreneur, Jennifer began building companies long before she started investing.
As an entrepreneur, Jennifer's first company was a lottery scratch-card called "The Jenny Game" that she made and sold to her fellow eight-year-old classmates. She officially became a tax-paying citizen at age 10, buying, reselling, and delivering newspapers. From carnivals in the front yard to cookie sales, and eventually a legit office job at 13, business acumen is in the fabric of Jennifer's being.
After college, Jennifer was a testifying & consulting Commercial Damages Expert before returning to her passion - entrepreneurship! In 2011 she founded her software company, WeMakeItSafer, shortly after business school at UC Berkeley. She successfully sold the company in 2016.
Along the way, Jennifer also held two interim CEO roles and has been advising startups on identifying revenue models and the importance of validating markets before launch, drawing on skills she acquired while building her own businesses. Now, Jennifer is using her expertise to help other investors achieve higher returns at lower risk through ATO Ventures.
Jennifer began visiting Puerto Rico as an angel investor in 2016 and quickly fell in love with the island. She is now happy to call Puerto Rico her home and is fully committed to supporting and growing the quickly emerging startup ecosystem in PR.
The best place to connect with Jennifer is on Instagram: http://instagram.com/Hopp.vc
Learn more about Jennifer:
- Founder & MP, ATO Ventures (present)
- Founder & Author, Valid Startup (present)
- Founder & CEO, WeMakeItSafer (acquired)
- Interim CEO
- IMCo (funded)
- Stealth entertainment co
- Commercial Damages, Litigation Consultant
- ERS Group (principal)
- Navigant Consulting (senior consultant)
- MBA: UC Berkeley, Joint Program w/ Haas School of Business & College of Engineering
- Community Fellow
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship
- Certificate in Management of Technology
- BA: UC Berkeley, USA + University of Oxford, UK
- High Honors/Magna cum Laude
- Double Degree:
- Completed in three years (self-funding makes you study fast)